-
December 20th, 2005, 04:11 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I have been selling a lot of items on eBay in the last few days. I have one buyer who won two items. Both auctions clearly state (in three places) the item will be shipped via Priority Mail with free delivery confirmation. I also clearly state that I will combine shipping.
When this person's second auction was over, nearly two days after the first ended, I invoiced them with combined shipping. I charged them one shipping charge of $3.85 for both items, and listed the optional insurance as $2.20, which is the PO cost for the item's total. (I do not add in a fee, even though I will pay a fee to receive the payment via Paypal, incur a fee for packing materials, tape, etc.)
The buyer emailed this morning, asking me if it was possible to combine shipping and could I send it regular/standard mail
I ship Priority for a reason. The main is reason is that I can print labels here at home which have free delivery confirmation. A package the size of this one, I can put on the top of my mailbox, and our very kind mailman will take it. (Others I drop at the UPS Store for free.) I hate our local post office. The woman who works there is simply the nastiest person on the face of the planet. I'm stressed enough over Christmas. I cannot drive across town, fight for a parking spot and then deal with her-- twice, once to find out how much it will cost and once to actually send the thing.
I responded to the person that their invoice should show combined shipping, briefly explained how to get to the invoice from My eBay or either auction. I then briefly explained why I use Priority, that the cost savings would not be significant, there would be no free confirmation and the package would be delayed because of having to make an extra trip to the PO.
I have not heard from the buyer since my response. I simply dread his answer. I don't want to be a poo about it, but the auction terms were clear. I ship Priority Mail, and less than $4 to ship two outfits is not a bad price. I do not feel I am at all overcharging for shipping; I'm certainly not making money on it, in fact, I'm cutting my profits when you consider Paypal fees and such.
I don't want to risk a negative over something that seems so simple, but maybe I am being too simplistic. Is it reasonable to expect the buyer to pay for Priority combined shipping, since that's what he bid on? How would you handle this as a seller, should the buyer insist on shipping terms that aren't in the auction?
Thanks for "listening" to my rant. This has been bothering me all morning, and it feels better just to get it all out.
Heather
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks